HP Inc. (HPQ) released its Q4 earnings on Tuesday after the market closed.
- Revenue: $16.7 billion
- EPS: $0.94 adjusted vs $0.88 expected
- Net Income: $3.1 billion
- Fourth quarter GAAP diluted net EPS of $2.711 , above the previously provided outlook of $0.82 to $0.88 per share.
- Fourth quarter non-GAAP diluted net EPS of $0.94, above the previously provided outlook of $0.84 to $0.90 per share.
- Fourth quarter net revenue of $16.7 billion, up 9.3% from the prior-year period.
- Fourth quarter net cash provided by operating activities of $2.8 billion, free cash flow of $0.9 billion
- Fourth quarter returned $2.0 billion to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and dividends
“Our results reflect a growth-oriented company on its front foot and hitting its stride. We delivered a very strong quarter to close out an exceptional year of double-digit revenue, operating profit and EPS growth while returning record levels of capital to shareholders. HP is at the heart of hybrid with an innovative portfolio of hardware, software and subscriptions that position the company well for sustained growth in fiscal year 2022 and beyond.”said Enrique Lores, HP President and CEO
The analysts had estimated the earnings to remain at $0.88 per share. The revenue was expected to stand at $15.4 billion.
HP Inc., the American technology company, had broken the analysts’ estimates consecutively. In the previous quarter, that is, Q3, the earning was estimated to be $0.84 per share. However, with a surprise of 19.00%, the earnings came at $1.00. In the fourth quarter last year, the company had delivered an EPS of $0.62.
For the coming quarter, the first quarter of the fiscal year 2022, the analysts have expected HP to deliver earnings of $0.94 per share while the revenue is expected to remain at $15.38 billion.
This week, the American technology company announced its Black Friday deals, giving a discount f around 57% to the customers on the products.
Earlier, in anticipation of the fourth-quarter earnings and as an effect of the black Friday sale, HP stocks outperformed the market and rose on Monday.
With a market cap of 37.042 billion, HP Inc. (HPQ), as of 2:39 PM EST, was trading at $32.15, up by 0.22 points (0.70%).