Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) released its fourth-quarter earnings after the market closed on Thursday. Applied Materials Inc. is an American corporation supplying equipment, services, and software for the manufacture of semiconductor chips for electronic devices.
- Revenue: $6.12 Billion
- EPS: $1.94
- Record annual revenue of $23.06 billion, up 34 percent year over year
- Record annual GAAP operating margin of 29.9 percent, non-GAAP operating margin of 31.7 percent, GAAP EPS of $6.40 and non-GAAP EPS of $6.84
- Quarterly revenue of $6.12 billion, up 31 percent year over year
- Record quarterly GAAP operating margin of 32.9 percent, non-GAAP operating margin of 33.1 percent,
- GAAP EPS of $1.89 and non-GAAP EPS of $1.94
The analysts had estimated the EPS to stand at $1.95 while the revenue was expected at $6.34 billion in this quarter. In the last few quarters, the company had broken the estimates from the analysts.
In the third quarter, the earnings were estimated to be $1.77 but with a surprise of 7.30%, the earnings stood at $1.9 per share. In the fourth quarter last year, the estimated earnings per share was $1.17 but the actual EPS stood at $1.25 with a 6.80% surprise.
For the next quarter, I.e., the first quarter of the fiscal year 2022, the analysts have estimated the EPS to be $2.01 while the revenue has been estimated to be $6.5 bilion.
Before the earnings, and before the markets closed, the company was trading at $158.06 up 2.08 points (1.33%)